Our New Community Shop
and Part-time Post Office Service
After over 40 years service to Troutbeck's community, Susan and Pam Black have now closed their shop and begun a well-deserved retirement in their new home in Windermere.
There are ambitious plans afoot to refurbish the old shop as a Tea Room, and in the meantime Troutbeck's community have stepped in with a lovely new Community Shop in the former reading room.
Troutbeck's New Community Shop
• Fresh vegetables
• Fresh milk
• Bread and cakes
• Postcards and souvenirs
• Sweets and soft drinks
• Teas and coffees
• Please pop in to see our great choice, and support our local community!
Community Shop opening hours:
• Monday to Saturday from 8.00 am to 12.30 pm
• Also Monday afternoons from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
New part-time Post Office service in the Village Institute
• To meet local needs, Ambleside Post Office staff now operate a part-time counter service in the Village Institute (above the new shop) on two days a week
• Please support this service or we'll lose it!
Post Office opening hours:
• On Monday afternoons from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
• And on Thursday mornings from 9.30 am to 11.30 am